Breakfast by Sokyo, Sydney

When it comes to food, Melbourne is no doubt the food capital of Australia (some people might argue this one). But, I have to admit, one of my all time favourite restaurants is where Tokyo meets Sydney, Sokyo.

When I found out Sokyo introduced Breakfast by Sokyo, I was so excited and couldn’t wait to try it out. Japanese influenced breakfast menu with a Sokyo twist, sounds delicious already! Plus a full continental buffet, who can say no to that?

So I finally made a trip to Breakfast by Sokyo and it was everything I expected plus more! Let me take you through the most amazing breakfast experience now…

Stepping foot into Sokyo I was immediately greeted by friendly staff, sleek and sophisticated interior, a perfect relaxing atmosphere to start my day.

We kicked off the morning with a coffee and a glass of champagne. Even though it was only 8:30, but who can resist a champagne breakfast?

We then ordered the most traditional Japanese dish on the main menu – Traditional “Choushoko” Breakfast. The Shio-koji “Glacier 51” toothfish was so flavoursome and fresh, accompanied with chawanmushi, miso soup, Hokkaido yumepirika rice, nori, edamame beans and Japanese pickles. This instantly brought me back to Japan.

We also tried the special of the day, croissant sandwich with grilled salmon, asparagus, radish, tartare and salmon roe.

Did I mention buffet breakfast? Yes, Sokyo also offers a full continental buffet, where you will find black sesame muffins, green tea muffins, yuzu danishes, soba noodles, Japanese congee, yogurt, and lots more! They also serve breakfast juices with fresh fruit in sake bottles, super healthy and refreshing iced teas! With so many different options, and being a tad ambitious with how much I could eat, I ended up with all of this on my table…

So after all this, I was about 90% full. Just when I thought breakfast was over, we were asked if we wanted more food. I couldn’t say no, so I decided to stretch the remaining 10% of my stomach!

I’m glad I did, because this was the best Eggs Benedict I’ve ever had – Streaky bacon, poached egg, edamame, brioche, miso hollandaise, ponzu pearls. I can’t describe it, you just have to try it!

 

Lucky last was the Spanner Crab Omelette with chilli mayo and a plate of fresh fruits to finish off. Again, this sounds like a simple dish, but the perfectly cooked omelette, fresh crab meat and the combination with the chilli mayo makes it the best omelette I’ve ever had (not exaggerating!)

So this concludes my 3-hour breakfast experience at Sokyo, and I’m sure this will now be on your must-eat-when-in-Sydney list!

Thank you Sokyo for the great hospitality and amazing food!

Sokyo

Level G
The Darling, The Star
80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont
Ph: (02) 9657 9161

Breakfast at is served seven days a week 7am to 10.30am

– Full continental buffet, an a la carte dish and a tea or a coffee $38
– Full continental buffet and a tea or a coffee $28
– An a la carte dish, a tea or a coffee and a juice from the buffet $22.50

The Ruby Canvas’s Breakfast at Sokyo experience was courtesy of Sokyo at the Star.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *